[Ubuntu-ch] Finance details of the ZH RP

Jaap Hoetmer jaap at hoetmer.ch
Thu Jun 5 12:46:34 BST 2008

Carlos Diener schreef:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2008 schrieb Ramon Cahenzli:
>
>> Wouldn't setting up a non-profit association ("Verein") essentially do
>> all the things you mention? We'd need:
>>

> No please, no further association. :-)
>
> I can live with the actual situation but I don't how long it will go good. I
> think there will be a moment where we need at least some decision board or
> something like that. I've no problem to wait, it was just a braindump and it
> does the right thing, it gives us all an smell of the current opinion in the
> SwissTeam. And by reason of the feedback I think we should wait and get the
> things done as we've done it already, So go ahead and do things. :-)
>
> Cheers
> carlos / emonkey

If I may throw in my 5 cts.
I think the most important activities will be and should be to get
together, do things together, and work together to help bring Ubuntu
further. That means looking at opportunities to educate others, and at
ways we can educate ourselves in an area that is close to our hearts:
Ubuntu.

The more official side is in my opinion at this moment in time a bit
overkill, but may at some point be necessary if it comes to an expansion
of activities. For now, I suggest to keep structure as flat as possible.
But I think it is definitely required to organise more get-togethers and
create 'themed events'. It helps to find out if the 'administration
structure' is really needed.

Cheers,

--
Jaap Hoetmer