[Ubuntu-ch] Finance details of the ZH RP

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 5 11:36:50 BST 2008

Hi all,

Tormod Volden wrote:
> Short poll: Ramon, would it have helped
> you organize the RP if we had all that association stuff? Or you would
> be too busy preparing board statutes and meetings to think about an
> RP?

Extremely good question :)

If we had been an association at that point, I would probably have made
sure not to be on the board, because _that_ part is something I wouldn't
have have had time for.

So I probably would have just waited for "someone" to decide things and
then I would have done the work. If waiting for that someone means that
all the someones have to get together and form opinions in a five-tier
voting process with special veto exceptions to the president and extra
vote weighting rules on alternating Saturdays and/or full moons (or any
such extra complications), that wouldn't have been helpful.

So if it would turn us into a bureaucracy demon, I'm against it.

I only brought up the assoction idea because Carlos' suggestion sounded
exactly like what you'd do with an association :)

Ramon