[Ubuntu-ch] Finance details of the ZH RP

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 5 10:34:33 BST 2008

Hi Carlos and all,

> Because we've got now money somewhere we should have at least a wiki page
> where everyone has the possiblity to see all our financial flow.

I made a page as a start, just so we don't forget those 50.55:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/Finances

> Let's start a vote and then the new core team should do some work on creating
> a basic chart with rules about votings and decisions. I know it won't be easy
> but I know that with that we're prepared for the future.

Wouldn't setting up a non-profit association ("Verein") essentially do
all the things you mention? We'd need:

1. President (or council/board)
2. Cashier
3. Charter

That's the three things the law demands from an association. If we are
incorporated in that way, I believe we'd be allowed to get a bank
account in the association's name too (?). That and having an official
cashier would clean up the finances.

What's everyone's opinion?

Ramon