[Ubuntu-ch] IRC meeting Thu 24.7: Intrepid Release Party ZH

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:53:15 BST 2008

Hi,
Last week's IRC meeting about the Intrepid Release Party Zurich went
well and we got many ideas and some decisions done. First, we should
apologize for the short notice. We also know it's vacation time and
that many can not participate right now. However, we would like to get
a few things settled (time, place, programme) so that preparations can
move along (announcements and PR).

We decided to have a new meeting this week, but forgot to make sure
somebody would announce it on the list :( So, oops we did it again,
another meeting at short (but a bit longer!) notice:

Thursday July 24, at 20:00-21:00 Swiss time on IRC (#ubuntu-ch on freenode.net)

The meeting was actually immediately plotted down on the wiki page,
but with the wrong time, and I guess not everybody checks the wiki
every day :)

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyIntrepid/Zurich for
the results of last meeting. We have the date (November 1) and place
and we are working on the programme. Please add your ideas to the wiki
page, and please join the meeting. Or post your ideas here.

We are looking for 3-4 talks targeted for newcomers and 3-4 more
advanced talks for the techies/fanboys. What would _you_ like to hear
about for 15-20 minutes? What can you present yourself? What would
your neighbour like to know about Ubuntu...?

During Thursday's meeting we hope to agree on a preliminary programme
so that we can start advertising soon. And the lucky ones among us can
start preparing the presentations :)

Best regards,
Tormod