[Ubuntu-ch] ZH RP (p)reviews at the Ubuntu Meeting

moira brülisauer moosline at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:09:40 BST 2008

2008/7/14 Dirk Deimeke <dirk.deimeke at ubuntu.com>:

Hi Dirk
> Hi,

> I spoke to many Windows- and Mac-Users and I often (everytime) face the
> same questions.
>
> - How can I do e-mail with Ubuntu?
> - What about office applications?
> - Will Ubuntu fit in my Windows network?
> - Which are the reasons to switch to Ubuntu (or to Linux in general)?
> - Where are benefits?
> - What about strengths and weaknesses?
> - Why do _you_ use Ubuntu?
> - Is it cool?
> - Does my hardware work with Ubuntu?
> - What about support?
> - ...
> (more to come if wanted, but you see the direction)

Exactly this we tried to do at the RP 8.04, but their where perhaps 1
or 2 people interesest in this.
Dirk read once our shedule of the RPZH8.04
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyHardy/Zurich

> What I (personally) would like to see are case studies of people using
> Ubuntu. Explain applications ... show the philosophy behind ... etc.

also this we did, we had some testmachines their were a few poeple
using their noebooks, allways willed to answer questoins... ect

> Some years ago I wrote the "Brief an einen Windowsnutzer" [1] which is my
> opinion, it is more relevant and up-to-date than it ever was.
>
> BTW: I have an English translation of this letter, if anybody wants to read
> it.
>
>> For further brainstorming, is it possible for some of you to join our
>> IRC meeting on July 15th, 19:30, #ubuntu-ch? That date is also mentioned
>> in the wiki [3]. Would be great! Of course we'll keep track of replies
>> to the list, too.

Ill be their

> Unfortunately, I have to work.
>
> Dirk