[Ubuntu-ch] ZH RP (p)reviews at the Ubuntu Meeting

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 14 08:19:39 BST 2008

Hi all,

At this Saturday's Ubuntu Meeting, we[1] have brainstormed quite a bit
about the 8.04 and 8.10 RPs. The preliminary results are in the wiki[2].
We basically see two options:

8.04 in ZH was an info day, but Zürich mainstream media ignores Linux
and Ubuntu, so we didn't get the mainstream audience we hoped for. This
is different in Lausanne. So it would be possible for the ZH RP to
simply be a party/get-together "for us". If we do make the ZH RP into an
info event, it needs to be done differently than 8.04: Less talks, and
more interesting for Ubuntu veterans AS WELL as the newbies we won't get
:) More details on the wiki[2]

For further brainstorming, is it possible for some of you to join our
IRC meeting on July 15th, 19:30, #ubuntu-ch? That date is also mentioned
in the wiki [3]. Would be great! Of course we'll keep track of replies
to the list, too.

Ramon

[1] Present were: From Ubuntu-CH: moosline, Tormod, me. From
gnupingu.ch: Bordi, Olivia, (me). Externals interested in helping: Andrea
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyIntrepid/Zurich
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyIntrepid