[Ubuntu-ch] Hardy Heron Release Party/Parties: RfM

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 03:49:47 GMT 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 11:01 PM, Marc Luethi <netztier at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Now that Ramon Cahenzli already brought up the topic, I'd like to follow
> up with a "Request for Meeting":
>
> I'd like to have a get-together on #ubuntu-ch early next week so we can
> discuss topics and assign jobs and tasks, clustering around this
> (non-exhaustive, uncomplete, cobbled-up) list of these topics:

Agreed,
 we should work hard to organize a big rp for hardy. We should keep in mind
that it's a LTS.

- how many parties?

One should be enough. IMHO we should consider to do more parties only when
we can be sure that enough people will be at each of theme.

- date(s)
> - Locations
> - other Organisations to contact for either
>  - direct support, i.e. in form of a speech or stand
>  - indirect support, in form of postings to their sites, MLs etc.
> - Marketing/PR activities, Press invitations
> - Posters and Flyers
> - Ubuntu CDs
> - varia

I would add some  School talks . We should try to get in contact with
schools and organize pre realize talks. this would allow us to give a no
spam impression when we announce the rp.

> I suggest we do that on Tue, Jan 15 2008. For your convenience, I have
> included a .ics file to import into your favourite PIM application.

the 25th is ok to me. A other day would be ok too but I agree with Marc it
has to happen soon

Thanks for that mail netztier . We all agree, at least I think so,  that the
hardy rp should be a big one and that we should "hardy" work on it.
You make the should come true ;)
CU all
Patrick