[Ubuntu-ch] Notebook with Ubuntu or without OS

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Sat Dec 20 11:06:01 GMT 2008

Hello,

Le samedi 20 décembre 2008 à 11:50 +0100, Dominique Hausser a écrit :
[...]
> Where in Switzerland is it possible to buy notebook (ubuntu compatible)
> without OS or why not with ubuntu already installed ?
[...]

I am too interested in this question, I often try to find an answer to
it myself.

In the meantime I took the habit to get a refund for the pre-installed OS and software that are bundled with most computers (an advantage is that you are free to choose your laptop brand and model).

It's time consuming the first time but then you are always getting your refund faster.

You can find infos about some of my refunds here : http://ernstfamily.ch/jonathan/tag/detaxe/
Don't hesitate to contact me if you choose this path and need help (letters, names, phone numbers).

I'm currently in the process to get two vista refunds from HP, I'll post the results on my website when the process is finished.

Good luck.