[Ubuntu-ch] Call for help | Lausanne RP | VERY IMPORTANT

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:19:35 BST 2008

Hi folks,

As I mentioned on IRC last night, the CEO of camptocamp has the possibility
to talk about our RP on a radio broadcast at RSR (including a link on
they're web page). But before he talk about it, he needs the schedule of the
RP. He needs something he can talk about, don't he? That's why I'm coming up
whit a proposal. Please let me know until this evening where you wont to
jump in and any other comments. He needs the link to the schedule until
tomorrow morning.

Simon proposed to start the party a little later, his argument was that
people probably would prefer to go out if the sun shines and join the party
more towards the evening. Anyhow the schedule should, IMHO, look something
like this:

Introduction speech: Welcome, thanks sponsors, who we are, what will happen
during the party (~15min)

10min off

Ubuntu presentation: What is Ubuntu, who's Canonical, subproject (Kubuntu,
Edubuntu and Xubuntu), what for and where do I found the community/support,
how do I get involved. (~30 min)

10min off

Use Ubuntu everyday: Open Office, mails, web, rss feeds, .... This talk
would show people that there's nothing they do on a everyday basis in
Windows or MacOS that they can't do (even better) with Ubuntu. (~30min)

10min off

Amaraok: Mamarok and Mark proposed to present they're baby, thanks to them.
(~(how long you plan)min)

10min off (eventually supper break. 60-90min).

Synaptic: Synaptic in general, all you need is there and far more
(list/short presentation of the most popular apps). Software install.
(~15min)

10min off

Sponsor talk: Configuration Automation & Centralized Management With Puppet
(~(how long they plan)min)

10min off

Eye candy: compiz fusion, what is it and how does it look like. (15min)

10min off

Ubuntu as a gaming platform: wine, playonlinux, .... (15min)

Party, from now on it's beer, chat, key signing, gaming and ... time.

This schedule would take approximately 4h. So we could, as Simon proposed,
start of later and begin the party at 5pm which would mean that the talks
would end around 9pm, 10-10.30 if we include a supper break. This would
leave up to three hours for the party it self.

Any comments and/or volunteers welcome. But remember I must send the final
schedule until tomorrow morning if we want to be in the broadcast.

Cheers Patrck.