[Ubuntu-ch] Public test of Hardy Heron Swiss Remix

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Wed Apr 30 08:38:18 BST 2008

Dear Ubuntu-List members,

The first public test image for the Hardy Heron 8.04 Swiss Remix is now
available. It is the file test5-multi.iso (3.7 GB) at:

http://daniel.debian.net/images/ch-open/8.04-desktop+swiss-remix/

See also the readme, bugs, and package list.

This is Hardy Heron with the packages from the standard Ubuntu, Kubuntu,
Xbuntu, and Edubuntu-addon CDs, in 32bit and 64bit versions, in the
languages German, French, Italian, and English.

There is also a documentation with German and English from me, French
translation and additions from Pierre, and Italian from Altavista
Babelfish (Andrea from FreePenguin.IT stopped responding and I couldn't
reach Claude Almansi).

There are also further extra documents, audio and video. These are in
the image, but you can also access them at:

http://www.trampelwurm.ch/schmidt/wilhelmtux/swissremix/

The plan: /ch/open will press about 2000 copies. The timing goal was to
have these by the Zürich release party on 24.5.08, the date 17.5.08 for
the Lausanne release party was then not yet known. Of course it would be
nice to have them available for Lausanne as well, but I'm not sure if it
is possible, as there are still a few bugs to sort out.

In any case, please those of you who would like to test the DVD,
download it and burn onto a DVD (or start in a virtual system), and
offer any comments/bug reports *within the next days*. (I can send a
copy or two by post to people who would prefer not to download, but you
must tell me by early afternoon today.)

Comments/suggestions/better_translations regarding just the info and
extras are possible without downloading the image.

Thank you!

Theo Schmidt, Wilhelm Tux