[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu free beer newsletter :)

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:09:13 BST 2008

Hi folks,

A copy of this mail is sent to Pascal Mages from the freebeer project so he
can react if I'm telling bu.... hum I think you got what I mean, don't you
??? ;)

Ok let's go to the point. We met last Thursday and we've talk a little about
the Ubuntu freebeer. At this meeting 3 main ideas were put on the table:

1. our own beer
2. freebeer and our own labels.
3 no branded bottles and our own labels.

The first "our on beer" would be the best solution because the beer would be
filled, labeled and ship all at ones. The down point is that we must order
by  600 bottles packs and that freebeer must be consumed within 3 month
after being brewed.

Now the price, the bottle cost 3.-, the depot for each bottle is 0.50 and
the one for the crates is 5.- each. 600 bottles are shipped in 40 crates
which means:

600 * 3 + 600 * 0.5 + 40 * 5 = 2300.-

The second idea "freebeer and our on label" here we buy freebeer and put our
labels by hand on the bottles. The prices here would be the freebeer prices
#1 plus work. The price per bottle is lower because of sponsoring and brew
amount of the freebeer.

The last option would be to buy none labeled bottles. Here the minimal
amount would be 210 bottles which we could buy for 2.50 per bottle if we
take them directly at the brewer or 2.70 if they're shipped in ZH. Again we
would have to put the labels on the bottles by hand and the depot must be
added to the price which would mean:

210 * 2.50 + 210 * 0.5 + 14 * 5 = 700.-
or
210 * 2.70 + 210 * 0.5 + 14 * 5 = 742.-

For the labels I'm still waiting the prices. I'll forward them as soon as
they come in.

We now must decide what we wont to do with this Ubuntu freebeer. So feel
free to let me know your opinion about this.

Thanks in advance

Regards Patrick

#1: http://www.project21.ch/freebeer/kaufen

<http://www.project21.ch/freebeer/kaufen>