[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu Gutsy release party

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 27 21:08:54 BST 2007

Hi,

So here is the result of the discussion we had this evening on
#ubuntu-ch.

Were there:
 emonkey (Carlos Diener)
 Mamarok (Myriam Rita Schweingruber)
 Sindwiller (Andreas Ratchev)
 andax11

We first talked about the city we would like the release party to take
place at.
It'll probably be Bern as Myriam proposed 3 different places and it's
well located (~middle of switzerland).

We then discussed a bit about the date, result is that Myriam is at
ubucon.de the 20th of October, I'm at Boston (Ubuntu UDS) the 27th of
October and 3rd of November so we would like to have it on the 10th of
November.

Having it on the 10th of November (still less than a month after
release :)) bring several advantages :
-First: Myriam and me will be able to speak about our personal
experiences at Ubucon and Ubuntu UDS
-Second: We'll be able to have some Gutsy CDs
-Third: We'll have more time to plan it and try to have better media
coverage

Details about the different places should follow shortly so we can
decide of the exact place and then start organizing the party itself.

Stéphane