[Ubuntu-ch] Communication and IRC use

Myriam Rita Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Jeu 25 Jan 16:40:32 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 13:11 schrieb Rashunda Tramble:
> I'm not really familiar with freenode but I will take a look at it tonight.

The easiest way is to use either XChat-gnome, Konversation (for KDE)) or irssi
(command line).  For an easy way to get into IRC, see here:

http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/new2irc.html
or
http://freenode.net/faq.shtml

#ubuntu-ch, like all Ubuntu channels, respects the Guidelines:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrcGuidelines?action=show&redirect=IRCGuidelines

> It seems that I joined a couple of places trying to get in touch with the
> Swiss Ubuntu group. So, the launchpad.net site is no longer active?

Of course it still is, but Launchpad is not really a meeting place, more an
aggregator for projects and groups. The SwissTeam meets on the mailing list
or on IRC, and of course also in real life :-)

Greets, Myriam
--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org