[Ubuntu-ch] Print shops and flyers

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 00:52:36 GMT 2007

Hi,
Thanks for all the pledges! We have enough to get going. If still more
people pledge we can either get more material, or each of us just pay
less.

I feel that the double-sided A4 folded to A5 is a little expensive. We
should choose the thicker 250g/m2 since 120g/m2 will be transparent,
according to a print shop I talked to. We would need to fill up those
four pages also :)

A double-sided A5 (250mg/m2) would maybe suffice? That would be 299CHF
for 5000 flyers at Flyerline. That's a lot of flyers we can use
everywhere! It could be French on one side and German on the other.

Their special offer for 79 CHF/A6/5000 is so cheap that it is tempting
too, if we can live with spreading ads for someone else on the
backside.

However, their delivery terms are up to 10 working days, so we should
rapidly get some designs together. Anyone good with
Scribus/Inkscape/Gimp etc?

The poster project is going really good, let's make those flyers fly as well!

Ciao,
Tormod