[Ubuntu-ch] Print shops and flyers

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:55:25 GMT 2007

On 2/6/07, Barthelemy rochat <brochat at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> As you may know, I contacted several print shops in order to get prices for
> 200 A4, folded ubuntu booklets for the OpenExpo and here are the answers I
> got:
>
> www.rh-multimedia.ch
> Answer:
> 200 Falzflyer A4 gefaltet auf A5 beidseitig vollfarbig, 120g/m2
> CHF 280.-- inkl. MWST
>
> www.flyerking.ch
> Answer: they can only make an offer for 1000 pieces
> Von den 250g/m2 Klappkarten kann ich Ihnen nur 1000 Stk. zum Preis von 702.-
> Fr anbieten. Alternativ können wir jedoch auf 350g/m2 eine Auflage von 250
> Stk. machen welche Ich Ihnen zum selber Preis anbieten kann.
>
> http://www.deltagraph.ch/
> Answer:
> 200 folded booklets: 320.--
>
> Of course those prices are a little high, but I do not think that we could
> find much cheaper offers from professional print shops. If any of you know
> any, do not mind asking.
>
> Another solution would be to print those flyers with a "normal" colour
> printer. So again, if any of you could have access to one of those
> (privately or professionally), maybe this could be a good solution too.
>
> So that's all for the time being, but do not hesitate if you have any
> proposal.
>
> Bartux
>
> P.S. I may join the team at the OpenExpo, but not sure which day yet.

Thanks for the information hunt Bartux!
Yes, this was a little more (~3x!) expensive than I thought. We would
always have the black-and-white photocopied sheet as a backup. But
that would be a little shame, wouldn't it?

Either we are enough here to pitch in immediately and share the cost
(I pledge 50 CHF) or we have to look for a sponsor (like outlined on
the wiki task plan). Anyone who would like to try to contact a company
or two?

Thanks for your participation!
Tormod