[Ubuntu-ch] ubuntu.ch

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:19:39 BST 2007

Hi Ubunteros,

Thanks to Herr Haldimann we now have the domain ubuntu.ch at our
disposal. Our man in Bern, Matthias, has suggested that we let ch-open
(of OpenExpo fame, and where he also happens to be on the board) take
the ownership and deal with the administration. They are an
independent association, 25 years old and with resources so that
should be a safe harbour. I think it sounds like a good idea.

Note that this has no influence on where we will host our pages
(server), or their contents. This is just the domain registration at
switch.ch. I guess we'll let ubuntu.ch and ubuntu-ch.org point to the
same pages for now.

Best regards,
Tormod

PS. the contents for a Swiss Ubuntu portal is being worked on - please
join and contribute on the wiki (under /Ideas).