LAMP stack issue

Noah Tellin thevillagegeek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 07:27:04 UTC 2018

I am getting error messages on trying to install phpmyadmin that claim
mysqli, mysqlnd and the like are not installed or configured. I have
purged and reinstalled already. I've added the json extension in the
php.ini file. I have been at the login for phpmyadmin only to by
stymied by the 1045 error, and nothing seems to fix that.

Any suggestions?

Currently I am at this when trying to reinstall phpmyadmin or run dpkg
to reconfigure:

Creating config file /etc/php5/mods-available/readline.ini with new version
cp: cannot create regular file
‘/etc/php5/mods-available/readline.ini’: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package php5-readline (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of phpmyadmin:
 phpmyadmin depends on php5-mysql | php5-mysqli | php5-mysqlnd; however:
  Package php5-mysql is not installed.
  Package php5-mysqli is not installed.
  Package php5-mysqlnd is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package phpmyadmin (--configure):
Processing triggers for libapache2-mod-php5 (5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.23) ...
 php5-mysqlnd
 php5-readline
 phpmyadmin

PHP info (selected):

SystemLinux 2J6RFV1 4.4.0-116-generic #140~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb
16 09:25:20 UTC 2018 x86_64
Build DateFeb 8 2018 21:59:28
Server APIApache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Supportdisabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path/etc/php5/apache2
Loaded Configuration File/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d

extension_dir/usr/lib/php5/20121212/usr/lib/php5/20121212
file_uploadsOnOn
highlight.comment#FF8000#FF8000
highlight.default#0000BB#0000BB
highlight.html#000000#000000
highlight.keyword#007700#007700
highlight.string#DD0000#DD0000
html_errorsOnOn
ignore_repeated_errorsOffOff
ignore_repeated_sourceOffOff
ignore_user_abortOffOff
implicit_flushOffOff
include_path.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear

json supportenabled
json version1.3.2
JSON-C version (bundled)0.11