"Ubuntu 17.10 Temporarily Pulled Due To A BIOS Corrupting Problem"

LP linuxpusher2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 17:03:52 UTC 2017

I guess I will Report a Bug next time even if unsure.
I am not that experienced but thought  it was corrupting bios.
Others confirmed I should try update the Dell Latitude D531bios firmware.
At first I could not get any Linux to install, I forgot "nomodeset"
Stars have a bunch of donated laptops that are Dell Latitude D531 giving a
Bios error but I was more concerned with getting bcm4311 wifi working
I had been struggling for weeks off and on to get Any New Linux Distro to
work with D531 & bcm without the Errors.
This post explains a lot.
Thank you.
Chris.

*bcm4311 fix*:

*CODE:*

sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source broadcom-sta-common
broadcom-sta-dkms
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
sudo modprobe b43
grep [[:alnum;]] /etc/modprobe.d/* | grep ssb