updates

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Sat Jun 18 12:43:08 UTC 2016

On 16-06-18 08:27 AM, Raymond House wrote:
> Hello, I'm running ubuntu 16.04 and I cant get my updates.It says: failed to download files check internet
> connection.Internet connection is fine,what is going on? has anyone got info on this? Thanks.

There are probably some other errors that get reported before the final failure message, and those are important.

Main reasons I've seen for that message is that either your internet connection is *not* fine (in which case trying
again later usually fixes things) or else your APT sources got messed up somehow and point to an invalid archive.

Most of the time I see that message because my DNS servers stopped working correctly, and that's usually because my
internet service provider is having trouble again.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>