unity dead

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:43:30 UTC 2016

A quick search found this possible solution:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/759150/launcher-menubar-and-window-borders-disappeared-in-ubuntu-16-04

In summary,

   1. Type Alt-F10 and then open terminal from the menu that appears
   2. then type ccsm in to the terminal.
   3. in there search for unity plugin and enable it.

It asks several questions because enabling it conflicts with another. After
enabling it the Unity launcher and menu bar should appear.