anonymizer

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Wed Mar 25 11:15:41 UTC 2015

Raymond House wrote:
> Hi, I'm working with  anonymizer support on this and they say I must
> move the tar. file to /etc/openvpn directory, I cant move it there, it
> does not work, and once that's done to use the following command: mv
> Downloads/anonymizer_universal_openvpn.tar /etc/openvpn
> tar -xvf /etc/openvpn/anonymizer_universal_openvpn.tar Why the /etc
> directory? Grouchy says it's not a good idea to have files in /etc.

If you prefix with the `sudo` command it will allow you to put the files
in `/etc/openvpn` directory. It should look something like this:

sudo mv ~/Downloads/anonymizer_universal_openvpn.tar /etc/openvpn
cd /etc/openvpn
sudo tar -xvf /etc/openvpn/anonymizer_universal_openvpn.tar

The `/etc` directory is where all the configuration files are stored for
the different services/applications running on your computer.