A Canadian Ubuntu kind-of-guy eh!

David Jones davyjoneshere at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 05:11:03 UTC 2015

Hello there Ubuntu Canada!

Davy Jones here from the Sunny Okanagan, as I have been born and raised in
the valley's chief city Kelowna, BC.

I finally have my new computer eh, as the last one gave up on its better
half, leaving me all alone with nothing but Windows 7 to work with!
Anyways, here I am, and for the 1st time I can see that Canada finally has
an Ubuntu Loco Team.

I don't really know though if I have any skills to help out or support this
Ubuntu group. Does the Team have any trainers that offer training sessions
for "son't know it alls" like me? Maybe I can market the Team - no Team
Canada - our Local Loco Ubuntu Team!

I have a favor to ask however, but I don't know if it's really appropriate.
You see back in the good old days, there was a place online I would go to
sometimes, as they were so very kind indeed, it was somewhere within the
WWW's Ubuntu.com I believe, or maybe it was within their .org domain - one
of the 2 for sure. I would ask for the latest Ubuntu Desktop CD - and
through the kindness of one's soul, they sent me the CD I asked for and
free of charge!

I could really use a new disk eh, as I'm not the best burner when it comes
to images and things. I will leave my mailing address in case the Canadian
Ubuntu Team would be willing to help me with my request, but if you can't
no worries eh, I understand.

Wishing you all Godspeed!

Davy Jones

Unit # 4 - 305 Cambie St