SSD

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:08:02 UTC 2015

If you know the exact model (and possibly age), you could go on the HP
website to figure out what sort of motherboard is installed, and from there
determine what version of of SATA you have.  SSD will work (I believe) on
SATA II and SATA III, but you need SATA III to really see the benefits
(i.e. how fast the transfer rate is).

Even if it's SATA II, SSD will be an improvement.  Without knowing for sure
what model laptop you have, I would imagine that it's a straightforward
swap.  You may need to move the drive bay attachments to the SDD to make it
fit right.

I'm not the expert here at laptops, though.  Perhaps one of the Working
Centre lads could help out here...