bash bug

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Sep 26 22:46:09 UTC 2014

Update your computers, and keep them updated. The Linux community is mighty fast about fixing flaws like this, so as long as you let Update Manager do its thing you're probably OK.

The bash bug is bad for people who run servers that launch shell scripts, not so much for people who stick to graphical desktops.

OTOH, the Netscape security flaw may be worse. But I don't know much about it.

--Bob.