bash bug

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 22:22:37 UTC 2014

Yesterday's bash update is the fix, yeah.

If you'd like to make sure you've got this fix, you can try this:

There is an easy test to determine if a Linux or Unix system is vulnerable.
To check your system, from a command line, type:

env x='() { :;}; echo vulnerable' bash -c "echo this is a test"

If the system is vulnerable, the output will be:

vulnerable
 this is a test

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/09/bug-in-bash-shell-creates-big-security-hole-on-anything-with-nix-in-it/