LoCo Council subteam policy

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:22:42 UTC 2014

The LoCo council has put forward a policy on sub-LoCos:

http://lococouncil.ubuntu.com/2014/09/16/new-subloco-policy/

Basically it's "We only recognize country teams, but if you want to have
subteams go ahead.  And if you make subteams, form a team council
comprising of members from each subteam."

I don't imagine this makes much of a difference for the Canada team.  It
seems like a bureaucratic reshuffling of the status quo.  It's possible the
LoCo council will decide not to re-approve Ubuntu Quebec on these grounds,
but that's up to them.

As always, I'd encourage anyone and everyone to host Ubuntu meetups,
events, jams or whathaveyou in your area.  Let us know about it because
we're interested, and if you want to call yourself an Ubuntu Canada
sub-LoCo or something, great!  If not, whatever!  Either way, you're
welcome to come to the next meeting (next Thursday? Bob?) and let us know
about it.

That's about it, really.

Darcy.