Windblows product key recovery, MS Office, etc.

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Oct 19 18:11:01 UTC 2014

A few years ago when I raised the same concerns about LO .docx
compatibility I was advised to distribute my resume in .pdf format.
I've never had any issues with that.  If recruiters insist on a
proprietary Microsoft format then save it in Word97 format; it's
simpler and reverse-engineered in greater depth.

An aside: As a moderator for this list I've seen a flurry of
unsubscriptions in the last couple of days. I noticed one of these
people mention on an unrelated IRC channel that he'd unsubscribed
because the Ubuntu list was now discussing how to recover Microsoft
Windows product keys. So perhaps this discussion should be moved to
one of the Windows support forums, perhaps
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

And if non-Ubuntu operating systems are brought up, be respectful and
use their correct names, not derogatory ones like "Windblows".

- --Bob.