Dual Boot 14.04 and 8.1

Doug Penner darwinsurvivor at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:25:11 UTC 2014

If that's the case, it should (at least I would hope, it's been a while
since I had to install windows) be fairly simple to reinstall Windows
back to a partition.

If his only reason for using windows is for a single piece of hardware
that should have full Linux support in the future, it's probably worth a
shot to see if it will work in the virtual machine.

He may also have other copies of windows (7, etc) form other computers
or old MSDN subscriptions (I have one through my school) which may be
able to be installed in the VM.

My main point was that VirtualBox has full USB-passthrough, so if you
can get windows running, there shouldn't be any problem connecting
hardware to it.

~Doug