Microsoft and interoperability with Linux

Georges Rodier georges.rodier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:46:55 UTC 2014

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. My apologies to one and all for my poorly
crafted expressions of emotion evident in my original posting on
Microsoft and Interoperability with Linux. Rest assured that I shall
never again let such language appear in any future posting to an Ubuntu
website or mailing list. It is clear that only a drop or two of vitriol
can ignite some sort of flame war and such is certainly not needed
here.

However, my deeply felt distrust, dislike and thorough antipathy for the
mega dollar company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, has its roots
in a ten-year stint supporting users of its almost pervasive server and
desktop operating systems and especially its office suites.

No doubt the fellow from Redmond was promoting his company's foray into
interoperability but he did claim to be a developer there responsible
for their developing and promoting interoperability. All the same, I
ought not to have been intemperate in my expression and upon reflexion
do think it would have been better had I just not posted at all.

Lastly, I do hope that any who have considered leaving this mailing list
will remain. I deeply regret that any have left due either to my posting
or to any of the responses to it.

Georges