[Ubuntu-waterloo-region] IRC/Video Chat meeting for Ubuntu-ca on 27 Feb 2014

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Mar 1 08:30:03 UTC 2014

One interesting tidbit to come out of the meeting[1] was @bregma's
video of the new Unity interface, showing the local menus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzFXRz-b3Ns

This is something I'm really looking forward to. It's the awkward
placement of those global menus that turned me off Unity.

That, and the window buttons on the wrong side, but that's easily
fixed with Ubuntu Tweak https://launchpad.net/~tualatrix/+archive/ppa

Oh, and the missing Gnome Panels and the Gnome Panel Applets. But
that's easily fixed with Mate http://mate-desktop.org/ :-)

- --Bob.

[1]
http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-ca/2014/ubuntu-ca.2014-02-28-00.00.log.html#l-62