Question

David M. Pelly david.pelly at hotmail.ca
Sun Feb 23 18:44:23 UTC 2014

Thanks again Piero,

I will study the info you sent.

And I do not feel like doing much more today.

And yes, I have heard that Canada is not cheap, compared to may other countries.

Best,

David

From: pierofor at outlook.com
To: ubuntu-ca at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: RE: Question
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 13:24:59 -0500

Hi ,

If you can download Skype on your smart phone to receive the calls and also to call .

With the simplest mobile phone of fixed line :

A) to receive the calls on your mobile .
Put forwarding to your mobile number on Skype, it works also with the most simple phone set .

B) to make a Skype call with your mobile or fixed line
use "Skype To Go"

				Take advantage of Skype’s great rates from any phone. Make low
cost international calls when you call phones around the world at
Skype’s low calling rates from your mobile or landline.

How it works:

Tell us the international number you want to call.We’ll give you a new number to dial.Call the new number from your phone and get straight through abroad at Skype’s low rates.
No internet connection or data plan needed – perfect for when you’re on the move

At home  since years we have a WIFI handset of  RTX DUALphone 4088 (before was the previous version )

                        RTX DUALphone works smoothly and you do not need the computer only WIFI (now is very expensive, I paid less 50% of that .  ) . We use as spare phone : we have only mobile .RTX DUALphone 4088

                        Effortlessly switch between Skype and ordinary
calls all on the same phone. Just plug the DUALphone into your broadband
 internet connection then enjoy long chats with mates abroad or next
door.

http://shop.skype.com/intl/en-ca/phones/cordless-router/rtx-dualphone-4088-white/

Personally I investigated many ideas to make cheap calls,but for me the best option is still Skype.
Canada is becoming uncompetitive also for the phone costs.
Many SME (small ,medium enterprises ) in Europe use Skype with a Skype number.

Ciao

Piero