bluetooth adapters

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Wed Aug 20 11:55:08 UTC 2014

On 08/20/2014 07:48 AM, Raymond House wrote:
> Hello, I want to buy a bluetooth adapter and getting very few tips from the web, all kinds of info but nothing that says
> which are supported in ubuntu 14.04 does this mean that pretty well all of them work with 14.04? Never tried bluetooth
> before, I want to use remote speaker. Thanks.

If you're using a generic USB dongle-style BT adapter, it should just work.

Be aware of some things that look like BT dongles but are not.  Some wireless keyboards and mice come with such things,
some come with a real BT dongle.  If you're buying a standalone BT dongle sold as a BT dongle, you're safe.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen at ubuntu.com>
https://launchpad.net/~bregma