soft ware centre

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Sat Aug 9 12:34:17 UTC 2014

On 08/09/2014 07:37 AM, Raymond House wrote:
> Hi all, I wonder why the software centre no longer has a search window? I found that very useful.

The Ubuntu Software Center still has a search widget in the toolbar, top right.  Also through the "Search..." command
in the Edit menu.  I verified this in both 14.04 and the current development version, Utopic Unicorn.

It's possible that you need to embiggen your window to see it: the UI the developers created for this application
doesn't seem to want to flow controls on the screen very well and if the window is too small, it just truncates the
toolbar.  Try maximizing the window.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen at ubuntu.com>
https://launchpad.net/~bregma