Ubuntu Open Week; Ubuntu-ca IRC/Video Chat

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Apr 23 20:39:44 UTC 2014

Hello Everybodeee!  It's that time again, there's another IRC/Video
Chat for the Ubuntu LoCo Canadian Team.

But first, there's one day left in Ubuntu Open Week. Lots of
educational material that's made available right after the current
release. You can check the schedule at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek, but here's a summary:

15:00 UTC - Ubuntu Development Team - dholbach
16:00 UTC - Organizing Ubuntu App Dev Schools – dholbach and dpm
17:00 UTC - Contributing to Ubuntu Websites - mhall119
18:00 UTC - Getting started with App Development [ON AIR!] - dpm

For reference, 15:00 UTC is 11:30 NDT, noon ADT, 11:00am EDT, 10:00am
CDT, 9:00am MDT and 8:00am PDT.

The sessions take place in the #ubuntu-classroom channel on IRC, which
you can see via Webchat with a browser at
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-classroom%2Cubuntu-classroom-chat

Then tomorrow evening is our IRC/Video Chat. Here's the usual details:

*What*: Online Meeting for Ubuntu Canada
*When*: 8:30pm NDT, 8pm ADT, 7pm EDT, 6pm CDT, 5pm MDT, 4pm PDT
*IRC*: irc://irc.freenode.net/ubuntu-ca
*Webchat*: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-ca
*Google+ Hangout*:
https://plus.google.com/events/ct728pi1am6suc0nvvnv9qgitnk
*Agenda*: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2014/2014-04-24
*Registration*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2756/detail/

Our video producer, +JeffSmith on Google+, will have the URL for
joining in just before the meeting starts.

As always, I encourage you to register on the LoCo portal. It's not
strictly required (you can join IRC or watch the video anyway), but it
makes our stats look good come re-approval time.

I haven't done much with the agenda, so feel free to Wiki it up a bit!

See you online tomorrow!

- --Bob.

- --

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com>          Phone: +1-519-669-0388