Ubuntu-ca IRC meeting on 28 November 2023

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Nov 30 20:23:28 UTC 2013

Hi again! We had a very productive IRC meeting for Ubuntu-ca on
Thursday. I'd like to thank all the people who participated from the
LoCo Council, the LoCo Team leaders, and the Ubuntu-ca members.

We discussed several ideas on how to improve participation in Ubuntu-ca
events.  The two we're doing first:

1) Aruna is organizing an Ubuntu Hour in Toronto. Details on location,
date and time will be announced on the Ubuntu-ca mailing list.

2) The next Ubuntu-ca meeting on Thursday, 23 January 2014 will be a
Video Chat! We'll have a discussion on the Ubuntu-ca mailing list about
the software to use (Google+ Hangouts? XMPP video? BigBlueButton?).  We
should have some Ubuntu Hours before then in the chapter cities
(Toronto, Mississauga, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, and others) to help
people get their software set up.
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2652/detail/

We'll reach out to the University computer clubs, and there was talk of
setting up a joint Ubuntu-ca and IEEE Student Branch meeting. We'll also
get a Conference Pack for participation in the Waterloo Mini Maker Faire
next year.

For those people who weren't able to attend the meeting I've included
the meeting summary below, with a link to the meeting logs.  If you've
got questions you can e-mail me, or ask on the Ubuntu-ca mailing list,
or join us in the #ubuntu-ca channel on irc.freenode.net

Thanx again, everyone!

--Bob.

Next meeting: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/Next

== Meeting information ==
 * #ubuntu-ca: Canadian Team IRC meeting in #ubuntu-ca Thursday, 28
November 2013, 29 Nov at 00:00 — 02:02 UTC
 * Full logs at
[[http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-ca/2013/ubuntu-ca.2013-11-29-00.00.log.html]]

== Meeting summary ==

=== Introductions ===
The discussion about "Introductions" started at 00:01.

  * ''LINK:'' Here are the minutes from that LoCo Council meeting:
http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-11-19-20.07.html

=== Events ===
The discussion about "Events" started at 00:13.

  * ''ACTION:'' Schedule a video chat for Ubuntu Canada
  * ''ACTION:'' aruna to arrange, advertise and market an Ubuntu Hour
Toronto
  * ''LINK:'' http://spreadubuntu.org/ has some, but I never find
anything I like very much.
  * ''ACTION:'' Discuss setting up Google+/Facebook/Twitter accounts for
Ubuntu-ca and each City chapter, eg. Ubuntu-ca-kw, Ubuntu-ca-Toronto
  * ''ACTION:'' Invite University Computer Club people to Ubuntu events
  * ''IDEA:'' What about holding a cooperative event for all LUGs, like
a Linuxfest? Would there be Canonical support for tthat?  (BobJonkman1,
01:22)
  * ''ACTION:'' Get an Ubuntu Conference Pack for the Waterloo Mini
Maker Faire

=== Other Topics ===
The discussion about "Other Topics" started at 01:44.

 * '''Next meeting''' (01:48)
  * ''ACTION:'' next meeting: Video Conference on Thursday, 23 January 2014

== Action items ==

 * Schedule a video chat for Ubuntu Canada
 * aruna to arrange, advertise and market an Ubuntu Hour Toronto
 * Discuss setting up Google+/Facebook/Twitter accounts for Ubuntu-ca
and each City chapter, eg. Ubuntu-ca-kw, Ubuntu-ca-Toronto
 * Invite University Computer Club people to Ubuntu events
 * Get an Ubuntu Conference Pack for the Waterloo Mini Maker Faire
 * next meeting: Video Conference on Thursday, 23 January 2014

== Action items, by person ==

 * aruna
  * aruna to arrange, advertise and market an Ubuntu Hour Toronto
 * **UNASSIGNED**
  * Schedule a video chat for Ubuntu Canada
  * Discuss setting up Google+/Facebook/Twitter accounts for Ubuntu-ca
and each City chapter, eg. Ubuntu-ca-kw, Ubuntu-ca-Toronto
  * Invite University Computer Club people to Ubuntu events
  * Get an Ubuntu Conference Pack for the Waterloo Mini Maker Faire
  * next meeting: Video Conference on Thursday, 23 January 2014

== People present (lines said) ==

 * BobJonkman1 (132)
 * Neo31 (71)
 * aruna (58)