Suggestion for U meeting in Kitchener.

David M. Pelly david.pelly at hotmail.ca
Fri Nov 22 17:09:50 UTC 2013

I would like to suggest an idea for the next Ubuntu hour meeting in Kitchener.

Or KWLUG meeting.

A detailed presentation on surge protectors by an expert on the subject.

What are power surges, and how are they caused?

What kind of damage a surge does?

How does a surge damage electrical equipment?

Are surge protectors  necessary?

If so how necessary?

The different kinds of surge protectors on the market?

What makes a good surge protector?

What brands and models are good for computers and related equipment?

What brands and models are no good?

And anything else we should know about the subject, to provide maximum protection at lowest cost, but did not know enough to ask?

David