Page Polishing Party, 9 March 2013

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Mar 6 20:46:01 UTC 2013

Hi all! Since last November or so our Canadian Team LoCo is no longer
approved, and we've been working on preparing a page to submit for our
ReApproval Application:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/ReApprovalApplication2012

It's still a work-in-progress needing some polishing up.  At the last
IRC meeting[1] I offered to set up a Page Polishing Party for Saturday,
9 March.  That this weekend!  Yikes!

If we can get that page cleaned up (and maybe add some bling to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam as well) then we might be able to
get on the LoCo Council agenda[2] for ReApproval at their meeting on 19
March 2013.  If we're ReApproved before the Raring Ringtail release on
25 April then we should qualify to receive a box of official Ubuntu CDs
and DVDs.

The Page Polishing Party is intended to be an online collaboration, so
if you have any additional stuff to add (or just feel like deleting the
editorial notes littering the page) then please join me in the Ubuntu-CA
IRC channel: irc://irc.freenode.net/#ubuntu-ca for IRC clients, or
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-ca for Web browsers.  I'll
probably park myself at 3:00pm EST in the Matter of Taste coffeeshop in
Kitchener (map: http://osm.org/go/ZXnwT1FJW--?m ) -- come join me!

If you can, register for the online event at
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2275/detail/

Page Polishing Party!
Saturday, 9 March 2013
12:00noon PST
1:00pm MST
2:00pm CST
3:00pm EST
4:00pm AST
4:30pm NST

BTW, If anyone has suggestions for collaborative editing software please
let me know!

--Bob.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2013-02-28
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413