Fwd: Ubuntu Global Jam is Soon - Bring Phones and Tablets!

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Feb 20 19:39:01 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone: Randall sent me a reminder about the Ubuntu Global Jam the
weekend after next, Friday to Sunday, 1-3 March 2013.  So far, there
aren't any Canadian Global Jam events listed at
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ca

There's an Ubuntu Hour in Kitchener on Friday, 1 March, but considering
the venue (Egg Roll King is a small, busy restaurant) the only Global
Jam activity there will be copying the Raring Ringtail Alpha 2 to your
thumb drive (I'll bring an .iso image on my computer). Neither Darcy nor
I are available to run a Jam in K-W, but there's a possibility Kwartzlab
is available if a Kwartzlab member can be persuaded to host.

A global jam doesn't require programming skills. Just install the latest Ubuntu release, and report any bugs or incompatibilities you run into. There's a list of other activities at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

Running a Global Jam isn't that much more involved than running an
Ubuntu Hour. You'll definitely want a venue with Internet connectivity
and electrical power, and you'll probably want to work for at least
three or four hours (but longer is OK too!).

If you're holding a Jam somewhere in Canada let me know, and I can add
it to the calendar if you want.

--Bob.