Question

David M. Pelly david.pelly at hotmail.ca
Tue Feb 19 13:06:38 UTC 2013

I am running Ubuntu 12.04  on  a HP Compaq.

I have been finding that it is best to unplug my computer and modem for the night for best operation during the day, vs putting it to sleep at night.

Otherwise firefox wants to stall  and the screen light dims.

It still happens,  but not as bad.

This morning when I plugged everything back in,  and  started up my computer  and clicked on  firefox,  it (firefox) would not respond at first.  It was like it was dead.

I clicked on firefox a number of times and finally it opened up.

But while it was opening up,  there was a clunk noise in the computer.

Everything seems to be working ok at this time, but I am  concerned  what happened and why and where it will lead to.

Can anyone please explain?

What should I do?

David