dual displays

gord campbell gordc2005 at velcom.ca
Sat Dec 14 00:47:54 UTC 2013

Assuming you are writing from the computer in question, and it is a
Vostro 220, the answer is no. The DB9 is a serial port.

>From Dell's web site:

Standard I/O Ports:
Video: 1 15-pin VGA video connector
USB: 8 USB Ports (4 front, 4 back)...

Where I am working, we have solved this by buying inexpensive video
cards which support two monitors. The computer has a PCIe x16 slot, so
there are lots of video cards available, such as:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187209

After installing the card, you then install an "additional driver,"and
in "Nvidia X Server Settings" you can set it up the way you want.