Ubuntu Hour!

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Aug 14 19:16:17 UTC 2013

Tim Berners-Lee said "Cool URIs don't change"[1], so I'm a bit annoyed
with the default URLs on the LoCo Events web site, which change every
time the event name changes.

The name for the event "Ubuntu Hour Kitchener" has changed twice now,
first to "Double Whammy Ubuntu Hour", and then to "Double Whammy Ubuntu
Hour Kitchener and Waterloo". It's the same event, so the URI *should*
be the same.

When I complained, the LoCo programmer said that that old style,
persistent URIs are still usable, so I much prefer to use those:

Ubuntu Hour K-W: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2484/detail

Ubuntu Hour Guelph: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2489/detail

(but next month's Ubuntu Hours will be different events, so they will
have different URIs)

--Bob, who's being a pedantic standards conformance weenie

[1] http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI