Iomega NAS and BIN setup file

William Frick wfrick at rogers.com
Wed Sep 26 18:31:15 UTC 2012

Thanks for that direction. I have looked into askubuntu and the like but no real solution applies. I have got some Samba functions happening with it but the extra features of the 'Home media server Cloud edition' are not to be had on Ubuntu 12.x .

Apparently some similiar units suport linux with nfs but not this one. It has a 'Copy Job' funtion which I can get to copy smb shares to it. The cloud functions are however bundled into this 'bin' file that 12.x won't support.

Once three simultaneous copy jobs finish I'll pursue the streaming or playback from it to clients. So far I've moved 300+ gbytes to it with only minor hiccups. A 1 tbyte USB external drive was about the same money so I guess I should take the extras as a bonus.

Bill