Technical support on the list [was Re: rogers rocket stick sierra 330U]

Che cheguebeara at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:28:56 UTC 2012

Oh please...

Having used Linux since the VERY early days one of my MAJOR complaints
has always been the 'linux-geeks' who feel it is a. a waste of their
time and/or b. beneath them (by extension) to fully explain a solution.
That is the major reason Linux remains a marginal OS for most consumers
and plays right into the hands of Windows.

Now here, almost 20 years later, that attitude still lives.

Two unassailable truths exist:
- Linux will grow by the input from and adoption by everyday consumers
NOT geeks.
- Linux will never become more than a marginal OS until geeks get over
themselves.

Otherwise I might as well start making my replies on this list in
machine code.

Bah!