Slow 12.04

William Frick wfrick at rogers.com
Tue Oct 30 01:25:51 UTC 2012

I would definitely look at your hard drive with gparted.  If the drive has SMART capability and enabled you may see the problem reported there.  I had a second drive causing just those very problems even when the system booted from the replacement.  GRUB would see older versions there and try to read or verify.

Bill