AMAZON

Stephen M. Webb stephen at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 29 06:20:07 UTC 2012

On 10/28/2012 08:46 PM, raymond house wrote:
> Ok, for some reason I could not dump amazon using the software center but I just tried it now and it worked. I certainly
> don't want that commercial venture in my computer and absolutely don't need it.

Removing the amazon plugin doesn't actually do what you think it does.  It does remove the amazon plugin, yes, but it
doesn't stop sending other search queries to the Ubuntu 1 server.  You can do that, too, by going to System Settings >
Privacy > Search Results and sliding the 'Include online search results' setting to 'Off'.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen at ubuntu.com>
https://launchpad.net/~bregma