AMAZON

Eric 1ballistic1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:13:27 UTC 2012

[Begin Rant]
Oy, really though.  Not sure what rock you've been hiding under, but lmgtfy
tends to be considered offensive. Read past posts before sending stuff like
that out.

As I remember it, Raymond didn't exactly start with a high level of Linux
knowledge - and I'm sure most, if not all of us were there at some point.
I feel I have to commend Raymond on how much research he does normally do
to resolve issues himself.

There are already a few lines that express this, and a holiday dedicated to
it: "How quickly we forget" and "We remember" both demonstrate the same
sentiment.

I've worked in various support roles long enough to understand that some
people just don't understand computers, same as some people just don't
understand cars, bookkeeping, home repairs, cooking, etc.  You name it,
there's someone out there doesn't get it, just the same as there's
something out there that doesn't make any sense to you.

At the very least, you could have posted something a little more useful as
far as resolving the issue.
[End Rant]

Didn't we have a discussion about this being implemented a while back, that
there was a way to shut off the personalized search idea?

I haven't been able to run anything newer than 10.10 (NVidia card issues),
so I haven't been able to play with that either, but I'd imagine it's in
the settings somewhere?