Ubuntu-ca disbanded?

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Nov 25 20:55:52 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 02:11 -0500, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Here's a thing: For the 2010 ReApproval[1] we stated that the Ubuntu
> Canada Team has "200+" members.  Currently the membership stands at 297.
>  If we could bump that up by four then we can say that this year we have
> "300+" members!  One of the metrics for ReApproval is to show growth in
> the team.  If you're reading this and haven't already joined, then you
> can do so by hopping over to
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ca
>
> --Bob.

Keep in mind that not all LoCos necessarily need to be official LoCos to
be productive and engage their local communities. Ubuntu Vancouver LoCo
has over 500 members, is not an official LoCo, and it does this without
sitting in dark rooms on IRC, but is out there directly in the community
face to face. There is no other way to really build a community a LoCo
needs to be productive. If you look at ubuntu-ca's meeting minutes,
virtually nothing gets done and it produces nothing other than the odd
technical support. Even that is redundant with AskUbuntu.

Just my two cents.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred