ubuntu-ca Digest, Vol 92, Issue 1

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Nov 4 07:48:55 UTC 2012

There's an fglrx package in the 12.10 repositories, but it didn't help
me with video problems I had, in fact, made things worse.  I ended up
completely purging reinstalling the xserver and gdm packages.  And I'm
still getting only 800x600 resolution.    This computer has both ATI
RS780 [Radeon HD 3200] and ATI 3D Rage I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT] installed
(one on-board, the other in a PCI slot).

I've got an nVidia card laying around, I'll install that and see what
happens. But in the past I've had even worse luck with nVidia than ATI/AMD.

--Bob.

SOBAC Microcomputer Services              Phone: +1-519-669-0388
6 James Street, Elmira ON Canada  N3B 1L5  Cell: +1-519-635-9413