How can I remove the "Media files" banners in Nautilus?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon May 21 00:36:30 UTC 2012

Thanx, Pedro!  But...

On 20 May 2012 at 04:37 PM, Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
> [...] 1. On the phone, ensure that the USB port is using MTP instead
> of PTP (Settings > Storage > USB computer connection (click the menu
> item) MTP.

No such item on my phone (LG-P999 running CyanogenMod v7.2.0-RC1, kernel
2.6.32.55-cyanogenmod)

 > Now upon connecting my phone Nautilus opens a regular file Window on
 >  it and I can copy and paste files both ways as needed.

I can already copy and paste files on the phone from the laptop...  It's
not the file access on the device that's bugging me, but the laptop
screen real estate consumed by a couple of banners I have no use for.
Ubuntu 12.04  running Unity on the laptop, by the way...

--Bob.

=====