How can I remove the "Media files" banners in Nautilus?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat May 19 19:09:09 UTC 2012

Whenever I plug my Android into my laptop I get two dialogue boxes "This
drive contains pictures/music, do you want to open Shotwell/Rhythmbox?".
   Then when I open Nautilus there are two banners across the top of the
file list that read "Open Shotwell Photo Manager; the media contains
digital photos" and "Open Rhythmbox Music Player; these files are on a
digital music player".

I can get rid of the initial dialogue boxes.  But how do I get rid of
the two banners across Nautilus?  There are no "Close" buttons, and I
have found nothing in the menus.  Those banners just take up far too
much vertical screen space, so I want them gone.

--Bob.